Hey everyone! This little post is just showcasing some local fashion as well as supporting local business here in our very own Waterford. All of the items shown can be found in store in Redlane Boutique in Tramore or online at http://www.redlane.ie.
Now although I love to shop in my normal high street shops such as Penneys, River Island, Topshop etc, I do like to broaden my fashion horizons if I have a special occasion such as a wedding or our annual Race Day. The best thing about Redlane I felt was that firstly, the staff were so helpful that I felt like I was shopping with a couple of my friends but also the HUGE selection of clothes which you wouldn’t normally find in boutique shops. Take a look and see for yourself a mix between both casual and dressy.
(Video on this little tutorial on Instagram: @minimintndblog Facebook: Mini Mint ND)
For anyone looking for a day out, why not head to the races in Tramore on New Years Day? I know where I’ll be purchasing my outfit …..
Mini Mint x
Hey everyone! So some of you may already know I had been thinking of doing this post for a while. I have decided to showcase some Christmas party outfits available in shops in Waterford City from Penneys, Topshop, River Island and more! However, I know it can be an awful effort to drag yourself out of the house to go shopping so I have also compared them to similar outfits online, which gives you the option to shop from the comfort of your own bed xx
LOOK 1 – PENNEYS
I am obsessed with co-ords and suits (check my full blog post on co-ords) as ye all know, so I instantly went for this fab navy velvet suit in Penneys. I thought this cropped pyjama top was cute and looked fab under the blazer for a more “going-out” vibe.
PJ Top- €6
Trousers- €32 BOOHOO (LINK: http://eu.boohoo.com/search?q=navy+velvet+trousers)
Blazer- €32 BOOHOO (LINK: http://eu.boohoo.com/search?q=navy+velvet+blazer)
LOOK 2 – PENNEYS
I love how the little silver details on this jumper tie into the silver metallic skirt. The jumper would be fab with jeans also,
Skirt- €19 BOOHOO (LINK: http://eu.boohoo.com/search?q=silver+metallic+mini+skirt)
Jumper- €30 ZARA (LINK: https://www.zara.com/ie/en/sweater-with-bejewelled-appliqu%C3%A9s-p05755005.html?v1=5400009&v2=840002)
LOOK 3 – MISS SELFRIDGE
This dress would be so fab for Christmas Eve/Day. It’s simple but still festive with the subtle star pattern. (Belt is from penneys btw)
Dress- €38 MISSGUIDED (LINK: https://www.missguided.eu/red-star-ruffle-detail-tea-dress)
LOOK 4 – TOPSHOP
The second I saw this I absolutely HAD to try it on. I think cowl necks and spaghetti straps are so flattering and I feel I’m in a 90’s throwback.
Dress- €30 MISSY EMPIRE (LINK: https://www.missyempire.com/paris-silver-sequin-cowl-neck-mini-dress?___store=eur)
LOOK 5 – TOPSHOP
I love fur coats due to their ability to keep you nice and toasty but also to feel like a movie star. This body suit was in the sale also which is a plus.
Fur coat: €110
Skirt- €22 FOREVER 21 (LINK: http://www.forever21.com/EU/Product/Product.aspx?Br=F21&Category=bottom_skirt&ProductID=2000110553&VariantID=02&lang=en-US&esvt=-&esvq=&esvadt=999999—1&esvcrea=182639295318&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvtg=pla-64640746511&esvaid=50184&gclid=CjwKCAiA07PRBRBJEiwAS20SINml8l9wSDS7qmNw2zlw9tXxi6Qdd0wwKTk-ocYfKrCC3gq292mTAhoCaaUQAvD_BwE)
Bodysuit- €48 BOOHOO (LINK: http://eu.boohoo.com/search?q=sequin+bodysuit)
Fur coat- €60 PRETTYLITTLETHING (LINK: https://ie.prettylittlething.com/cream-cropped-faux-fur-coat.html)
LOOK 6 – QUIZ
This velvet dress is so glam I actually bought it. It’s available in emerald green, ruby red, black, green glitter and black glitter.
Dress- €30 PRETTY LITTLE THING (LINK: https://www.prettylittlething.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lauriell)
LOOK 7 – QUIZ
I am like a magpie to anything with sequins this time of year so I naturally picked up this fab mini dress in Quiz.
Dress- €26 MISS FOXY (LINK:http://www.missfoxy.co.uk/clothing-c1/sequin-long-sleeve-mini-dress-in-green-p27)
LOOK 8 – RIVER ISLAND
This skirt is so versatile over Silly Season. You could wear it to casual drinks or for a night out on the town. I paired it with this T shirt firstly but spotted this little black crop top also in the sale.
T shirt- €35
Crop top- €25
Skirt- €16 PRETTYLITTLETHING (LINK:https://www.prettylittlething.com/gold-glitter-frill-hem-mini-skirt.html)
Tshirt- €13 PRETTYLITTLETHING (LINK: https://ie.prettylittlething.com/white-iconic-slogan-t-shirt.html)
Crop top- €11 MISSGUIDED (LINK: https://www.missguided.eu/black-ruffle-crop-bardot-cami-top)
LOOK 9 – RIVER ISLAND
You can not beat a crisp white shirt. It’s one of my fave things to wear, either with jeans or a cute little skirt. This one has a little bit of extra glam with the jewelled detailing.
Shirt- €30 ZARA (LINK: https://www.zara.com/ie/en/pearly-shirt-p03564175.html?v1=5273048&v2=733890)
Skirt- €35 PRETTYLITTLETHING (LINK: https://ie.prettylittlething.com/black-embroidered-mini-skirt.html)
- Walked, literally everywhere. We explored the Christmas markets, the palace, Nyhavn, the Opera House and several parks.
- Tivoli. We got the unlimited ride pass which is about €50 but you can go on all the amusements you want, as many times as you want. Hands down one of the most magical places I have ever seen. You can see more on : https://www.tivoli.dk/en/
- Overfor in Fredericksburg. This was beside our hotel and we went when we landed at about 10 at night simply cause it was the only place open. It doubles as a late bar though it can be expensive.
- Mazzolis in Tivoli. Unreal. The restaurant can get very busy in evening time so make sure to book a reservation to avoid disappointment. It’s set up like an old carousel and the food is spectacular.
- TGI Fridays. It’s located on the Main Street. Sunday we were shook from the night before and we just wanted comfort food we did a bit of shopping on the Main Street too such as Zara and H&M.
I APOLOGISE !! Lads I’m sorry I have been so MIA lately like hello last time I did a fashion post was in summer?? I’m chronic. I had my official last ever day of college last Wednesday and I’m all set for 9 months of my final year of nursing internship
So we all know red is the colour of the season but it can be hard to style up such a bold colour especially if you are used to wearing a lot of safe colours like black and grey. There are loads of red pieces availible and affordable in your high street shops like these boots from Stradivarious which were only €30!! I adore these and I love the Gold detail on the heel. Try motivate yourself to buy at least one red statement item this season.
Below are some different red pieces I styled into looks that can be worn Day or Night.
Go Red or Go home this autumn! If you aren’t feeling like you can pull off a bright red shoe or coat, try add a little hint of red through your makeup. I wore Satin from Mac today which I have had for yearsss.
Mini Mint x
Vietnam is a southeast Asian country on the South China Sea known for its bustling cities, picturesque beaches and vivid history. Hanoi is the capital city and at its heart is the old quarter where the narrow streets are roughly arranged by trade amongst the french colonial architecture. Halong bay in northeast Vietnam is known for its emerald waters and thousands of towering limestone islands topped by rain forests. It was designated a World Heritage Site in 1994.
You can fly from Dublin to Hanoi however we flew from Manila which was only a 3 hour flight. When we got to Hanoi we had organised a car to drive us straight to Halong Bay. We arrived at 5 am and absolutely fell into the bed in our hotel. We stayed in Halong Bay for 3 nights and got the same car back to Hanoi where we stayed for 3 nights before flying home.
Halong Bay is absolutely filled to the brim with hotels however there’s not much else there in the the city itself. Looking back, I would recommend anyone to just go down to do the boat tour and then leave again. We stayed in the Halong Palace Hotel and it was fab but the restaurants were expensive inside the hotel and there is not much around in Halong itself. We stayed a night on the Castaway boat tour which was great craic. Then in Hanoi we stayed in the Splendid Boutique Hotel in the old quarter it was very small but clean and in the perfect location.
What we did
- The Halong Bay Castaway tour. We did the two day one night trip and to be honest it was enough. It includes kayaking and free alcohol so what’s not to love?
- Visit Hoàn Kiêm Lake and Ngoc Son in Hanoi.
- Explore the Old Quater.
- Visit the Dong Xuan Market.
- Hoan Kiem Bia Hoi. This is the street bar scene in the old quater where you can sit and drink some of the cheapest beer in the world. A bottle will cost about 15 cent.
- See the Long Bien bridge over the red river.
Honestly, I wish we had more time in Vietnam to explore the rest of the country such as Sapa and Nha Trang but I guess that just means we will have to go back lol. It is such a beautiful country filled with an immense amount of culture and history so if you plan of travelling through Asia put Vietnam on your list!
Mini Mint x
- The ATV day tour was one of the best days of my life. We went quad biking all over the island including Nacpan beach and Duli beach which have the clearest waters and whitest sands on earth.
- We booked our island hopping tour on the website elnidoparadise.com and we did the Tour A & C combo. It includes 10 destinations including the secret lagoon and secret beach where you have to literally swim through a cave to get to the beach. There is genuinely no words to describe that day other than pure MAGIC.
- Las Cabanas beach for a day of relaxation
- Go out: the 3 main spots are Sava, Coco Bar and Pukka club. Great tunes and such a good way to make friends because they are the only places you can properly go dancing.
- Body and soul is hands down the coolest place ever also they have a bonfire so when you’re freezing I would deffo recommend heading in there.
- I know it’s super tempting to stay in the campsite and drink with all your mates but do make the effort to actually go inside and see some acts, you’re after paying €240 in fairness
- Exploring the food trucks is also a great shout because you can get anything you possibly want, don’t be afraid to try something different inside or getting a burger every day.
- The salty dog and trailer park are also such cool places to go explore at night time.
- The pools and beaches in the resort are to die for, the water is so clear and there’s not a bit of pollution. The pictures speak for themselves.
- Zip lining and horseback riding provided by the hotel.
- Day trip to Ariels point which is unreal, they provide kayaks and snorkelling gear and there’s a selection of diving boards. Probably our best day in Boracay.
- The Boracay pub crawl. This was SO MUCH FUN! You’re forced to make friends with everyone and you all get drunk together in yellow t-shirts and end up in Galaxy Nightclub at the end.
- No one is going to hand you your dreams. I always thought if you were a good person and went to mass, that good things would fall in your lap. This is not true. You seriously have to work to get what you want in life. You want to travel? Work and save and then book your holiday. You want to go to college? Study and organise yourself. You want to meet someone special? Then go out and ask someone out. If you want something in life you are going to have to go and get it yourself. No one gets handed success and opportunities, you have to want and work for them
- It is physically impossible to be everyone’s friend. This is very true for me in the case of college especially. Throughout school I tried to be friends with everyone and I learnt that it’s just not feasible. When I went to college it was an eye opener as to who truly cared about me and who didn’t. Hang onto the people who text you to see how you’re doing and actually make an effort to meet up because they are the ones who are actively making an effort in keeping you in their life. I’m not saying to ditch people or to be mean. I still love going home at Christmas and seeing practically my whole school year out because it’s nice to see how much people change and grow but you don’t need to be everyone’s best best friend. Just be kind.
- Your parents are right (most of the time) It legit took me 21 years to realise this one hahaha. They have been through more ups and downs in life than you so they have a better perspective. It’s just common sense. They’ve been through more in life and can offer some pretty decent advice when it comes down to it. I know “times were different when they were teenagers” and “they don’t understand what it’s like nowadays” TRUST ME I have used all the excuses in the book but at the end of the day you are their child and they really do want what’s best for you so take a step back and listen.
- Time is a great healer. If it’s overcoming a great loss or a lost relationship, it becomes more bearable as the days go on. I know it’s super cliche but I lost some great people over the years from people passing away to just drifting from good friends and I found that it doesn’t hurt as much now to when it happened. Just something to bear in mind if you feel like your world is ending.
- Hangovers get so much worse the older you get. Seriously. Our older brothers and sisters weren’t joking about this one.
- Food can cure most arguments. Your boyfriend is mad at you? Buy him a chicken burger. Your sister is thick you stole her dress? Buy her a bag of jellies. Sorted.