Hey everyone! This little post is just showcasing some local fashion as well as supporting local business here in our very own Waterford. All of the items shown can be found in store in Redlane Boutique in Tramore or online at http://www.redlane.ie.
Now although I love to shop in my normal high street shops such as Penneys, River Island, Topshop etc, I do like to broaden my fashion horizons if I have a special occasion such as a wedding or our annual Race Day. The best thing about Redlane I felt was that firstly, the staff were so helpful that I felt like I was shopping with a couple of my friends but also the HUGE selection of clothes which you wouldn’t normally find in boutique shops. Take a look and see for yourself a mix between both casual and dressy.
(Video on this little tutorial on Instagram: @minimintndblog Facebook: Mini Mint ND)
For anyone looking for a day out, why not head to the races in Tramore on New Years Day? I know where I’ll be purchasing my outfit …..
Mini Mint x
Hey everyone! So some of you may already know I had been thinking of doing this post for a while. I have decided to showcase some Christmas party outfits available in shops in Waterford City from Penneys, Topshop, River Island and more! However, I know it can be an awful effort to drag yourself out of the house to go shopping so I have also compared them to similar outfits online, which gives you the option to shop from the comfort of your own bed xx
LOOK 1 – PENNEYS
I am obsessed with co-ords and suits (check my full blog post on co-ords) as ye all know, so I instantly went for this fab navy velvet suit in Penneys. I thought this cropped pyjama top was cute and looked fab under the blazer for a more “going-out” vibe.
PJ Top- €6
Trousers- €32 BOOHOO (LINK: http://eu.boohoo.com/search?q=navy+velvet+trousers)
Blazer- €32 BOOHOO (LINK: http://eu.boohoo.com/search?q=navy+velvet+blazer)
LOOK 2 – PENNEYS
I love how the little silver details on this jumper tie into the silver metallic skirt. The jumper would be fab with jeans also,
Skirt- €19 BOOHOO (LINK: http://eu.boohoo.com/search?q=silver+metallic+mini+skirt)
Jumper- €30 ZARA (LINK: https://www.zara.com/ie/en/sweater-with-bejewelled-appliqu%C3%A9s-p05755005.html?v1=5400009&v2=840002)
LOOK 3 – MISS SELFRIDGE
This dress would be so fab for Christmas Eve/Day. It’s simple but still festive with the subtle star pattern. (Belt is from penneys btw)
Dress- €38 MISSGUIDED (LINK: https://www.missguided.eu/red-star-ruffle-detail-tea-dress)
LOOK 4 – TOPSHOP
The second I saw this I absolutely HAD to try it on. I think cowl necks and spaghetti straps are so flattering and I feel I’m in a 90’s throwback.
Dress- €30 MISSY EMPIRE (LINK: https://www.missyempire.com/paris-silver-sequin-cowl-neck-mini-dress?___store=eur)
LOOK 5 – TOPSHOP
I love fur coats due to their ability to keep you nice and toasty but also to feel like a movie star. This body suit was in the sale also which is a plus.
Fur coat: €110
Skirt- €22 FOREVER 21 (LINK: http://www.forever21.com/EU/Product/Product.aspx?Br=F21&Category=bottom_skirt&ProductID=2000110553&VariantID=02&lang=en-US&esvt=-&esvq=&esvadt=999999—1&esvcrea=182639295318&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvtg=pla-64640746511&esvaid=50184&gclid=CjwKCAiA07PRBRBJEiwAS20SINml8l9wSDS7qmNw2zlw9tXxi6Qdd0wwKTk-ocYfKrCC3gq292mTAhoCaaUQAvD_BwE)
Bodysuit- €48 BOOHOO (LINK: http://eu.boohoo.com/search?q=sequin+bodysuit)
Fur coat- €60 PRETTYLITTLETHING (LINK: https://ie.prettylittlething.com/cream-cropped-faux-fur-coat.html)
LOOK 6 – QUIZ
This velvet dress is so glam I actually bought it. It’s available in emerald green, ruby red, black, green glitter and black glitter.
Dress- €30 PRETTY LITTLE THING (LINK: https://www.prettylittlething.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lauriell)
LOOK 7 – QUIZ
I am like a magpie to anything with sequins this time of year so I naturally picked up this fab mini dress in Quiz.
Dress- €26 MISS FOXY (LINK:http://www.missfoxy.co.uk/clothing-c1/sequin-long-sleeve-mini-dress-in-green-p27)
LOOK 8 – RIVER ISLAND
This skirt is so versatile over Silly Season. You could wear it to casual drinks or for a night out on the town. I paired it with this T shirt firstly but spotted this little black crop top also in the sale.
T shirt- €35
Crop top- €25
Skirt- €16 PRETTYLITTLETHING (LINK:https://www.prettylittlething.com/gold-glitter-frill-hem-mini-skirt.html)
Tshirt- €13 PRETTYLITTLETHING (LINK: https://ie.prettylittlething.com/white-iconic-slogan-t-shirt.html)
Crop top- €11 MISSGUIDED (LINK: https://www.missguided.eu/black-ruffle-crop-bardot-cami-top)
LOOK 9 – RIVER ISLAND
You can not beat a crisp white shirt. It’s one of my fave things to wear, either with jeans or a cute little skirt. This one has a little bit of extra glam with the jewelled detailing.
Shirt- €30 ZARA (LINK: https://www.zara.com/ie/en/pearly-shirt-p03564175.html?v1=5273048&v2=733890)
Skirt- €35 PRETTYLITTLETHING (LINK: https://ie.prettylittlething.com/black-embroidered-mini-skirt.html)
I APOLOGISE !! Lads I’m sorry I have been so MIA lately like hello last time I did a fashion post was in summer?? I’m chronic. I had my official last ever day of college last Wednesday and I’m all set for 9 months of my final year of nursing internship
So we all know red is the colour of the season but it can be hard to style up such a bold colour especially if you are used to wearing a lot of safe colours like black and grey. There are loads of red pieces availible and affordable in your high street shops like these boots from Stradivarious which were only €30!! I adore these and I love the Gold detail on the heel. Try motivate yourself to buy at least one red statement item this season.
Below are some different red pieces I styled into looks that can be worn Day or Night.
Go Red or Go home this autumn! If you aren’t feeling like you can pull off a bright red shoe or coat, try add a little hint of red through your makeup. I wore Satin from Mac today which I have had for yearsss.
Mini Mint x
- Body and soul is hands down the coolest place ever also they have a bonfire so when you’re freezing I would deffo recommend heading in there.
- I know it’s super tempting to stay in the campsite and drink with all your mates but do make the effort to actually go inside and see some acts, you’re after paying €240 in fairness
- Exploring the food trucks is also a great shout because you can get anything you possibly want, don’t be afraid to try something different inside or getting a burger every day.
- The salty dog and trailer park are also such cool places to go explore at night time.
- The pools and beaches in the resort are to die for, the water is so clear and there’s not a bit of pollution. The pictures speak for themselves.
- Zip lining and horseback riding provided by the hotel.
- Day trip to Ariels point which is unreal, they provide kayaks and snorkelling gear and there’s a selection of diving boards. Probably our best day in Boracay.
- The Boracay pub crawl. This was SO MUCH FUN! You’re forced to make friends with everyone and you all get drunk together in yellow t-shirts and end up in Galaxy Nightclub at the end.
- No one is going to hand you your dreams. I always thought if you were a good person and went to mass, that good things would fall in your lap. This is not true. You seriously have to work to get what you want in life. You want to travel? Work and save and then book your holiday. You want to go to college? Study and organise yourself. You want to meet someone special? Then go out and ask someone out. If you want something in life you are going to have to go and get it yourself. No one gets handed success and opportunities, you have to want and work for them
- It is physically impossible to be everyone’s friend. This is very true for me in the case of college especially. Throughout school I tried to be friends with everyone and I learnt that it’s just not feasible. When I went to college it was an eye opener as to who truly cared about me and who didn’t. Hang onto the people who text you to see how you’re doing and actually make an effort to meet up because they are the ones who are actively making an effort in keeping you in their life. I’m not saying to ditch people or to be mean. I still love going home at Christmas and seeing practically my whole school year out because it’s nice to see how much people change and grow but you don’t need to be everyone’s best best friend. Just be kind.
- Your parents are right (most of the time) It legit took me 21 years to realise this one hahaha. They have been through more ups and downs in life than you so they have a better perspective. It’s just common sense. They’ve been through more in life and can offer some pretty decent advice when it comes down to it. I know “times were different when they were teenagers” and “they don’t understand what it’s like nowadays” TRUST ME I have used all the excuses in the book but at the end of the day you are their child and they really do want what’s best for you so take a step back and listen.
- Time is a great healer. If it’s overcoming a great loss or a lost relationship, it becomes more bearable as the days go on. I know it’s super cliche but I lost some great people over the years from people passing away to just drifting from good friends and I found that it doesn’t hurt as much now to when it happened. Just something to bear in mind if you feel like your world is ending.
- Hangovers get so much worse the older you get. Seriously. Our older brothers and sisters weren’t joking about this one.
- Food can cure most arguments. Your boyfriend is mad at you? Buy him a chicken burger. Your sister is thick you stole her dress? Buy her a bag of jellies. Sorted.
Today I’m just going to show off a few bits I purchased in Penneys the other day. I hadn’t planned on doing this type of post but I went in to get a belt and ended up spending a small fortune on clothes so here we are!
The floral dress- €16
This is my favourite so I’m putting it first. I am obsessed with this dress, it is so comfortable and flowy so you aren’t at all body conscious. The slit up the middle gives it a real elegant vibe and the colours are perfect for this heatwave we are currently having. It can be dressed down with sandals or pair with some heels for a nice dinner outfit.
Shoes- River Island (old stock)
The T shirt dress-€8
This lilac dress comes in a variety of colours and is perfect for lounging around the house or even to throw on over your swimwear heading to the beach. I’m going to be wearing this for quick trips into town with a pair of trainers or sliders. The gathered hem is a nice little detail to give the outfit some character.
Shoes- Adidas Gazelle
The high waist shorts and belt – €15 and €5 respectively
These black high waist shorts are so fabulous for summer with the studded detailing on the front make them my must-have for any festival-goer this season. I paired them with a retro black black belt also from penneys. What I love about these is they actually fit so well. Most jeans from penneys I can’t wear because they gather in all the wrong places but these are suprisingly perfect. They have one top button and a zip which I waaaay prefer over a line of buttons down your crotch! So much easier to go to the bathroom lol.
Leather jacket- Topshop
The jacket- €21
This was the first thing I tried on and instantly fell in love with it. It is super light weight so ideal for summer for nights out or dinner when there can be a bit of an Irish-chill in the air. The colour is bright and fun for the time of the year and the ties at the wrists are on trend, but still subtle. If you’re going on a “jeans and a nice top” kind of night out, this is perfect for you!
The Shoes – €5 each
Sliders are on trend and you are not living unless you have a pair to throw on this summer! I wore mine into town with some culottes and a top just casually but add some glam to your pool side style by adding a pair of metallic or gingham ones in penneys. A must have if you’re going away this summer.
(Apologies for the terrible paint job on my nails, I was in a rush)
Last but not least, these fab little sandals had been on my radar for a while now and when I walked in the other day they were reduced to a fiver. Such a bargain. I am going to be wearing these bad boys with white, denim and black jeans aswell as with some of my summer dresses. They are so handy for when you want to have a casual night out with your pals and so great for dancing.
That’s all for now, I would strongly recommend heading into Penneys on your day off or lunch break to pick up a few bits. I should also mention I have a bundle of swimwear ready to go for my holiday in August so I will have the outfit diary of that trip up when we get home.
Mini Mint x
Hiya! It’s me, back at it again with the crazy pictures of myself… A thing most girls think when deciding on an outfit for a night out that they can’t wear floral because they feel it is “too girly” I’ll throw my hands up and admit this as well, cause when you’re out in a nightclub you want to be seen as “sexy” so we all go for the outfits that are black and tight! Admit it, we are all guilty. Nothing to be ashamed about.
I made this post to showcase how versatile floral can be and to INSPIRE you guys to step out of the mainstream way of thinking. I mean fair enough wear a choker and a crop top with jeans on a night out, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it! Just don’t be afraid to switch it up from time to time because that is what your clothes are for, to showcase your uniqueness and individuality!
The floral dress
I am in love with this dress for the simple reason that it’s flattering AF and I think blondes pull off red really well. This dress can be worn casual or throw on some heels to class it up a bit. The tie at the neck and waist are there to suit your own body shape so it is so flattering to all body types. The daisy print is small and subtle but gives you a real cute and feminine look.
- Miss Selfridge- Red floral dress (petite section)
- Newlook- Gold Heels
- Rayban- Sunglasses
- Michael Kors- Watch
The floral skort
Skorts are making a huge comeback and I am a happy camper! I had two skorts in first year of college that I wore to death cause they are so flipping comfy. Super handy when you’re in a bathroom at 2am cause there is no hassle and you can continue to boogie the night away without being conscious of making sure your dress is pulled down or your playsuit isn’t giving you camel-toe. I picked up this one in Bershka cause I loved the plait down the front and the colours in it mean it can be worn with so many different types of tops! This would be perfect for a holiday cause you could mix&match, save yourself from packing loads of different shorts!
- Bershka- Skort
- Mango- Crochet jumper
- Vans- Gold trainers
- Accessorize- Necklaces
- Primark- Sunglasses
The floral playsuit
Now this is something more like what you could wear for a night out. A simple playsuit with pockets! This blush pink colour is on trend at the moment and you could pair it with khaki green heels and some gold hoops. I threw on some sandals for this to show a more casual vibe. Can we appreciate that I am in a tree? Absolute lol.
- Primark- Playsuit
- Primark- Sandals
- Rayban- Sunglasses
The floral accessories
If you are too nerve to try the whole floral ensemble, take baby steps and wear a statement necklace or handbag. A simple black and white outfit can really spark some character if you throw on a cute clutch or a blazer with floral print. The main thing is to just do what works for you and what you will feel comfortable in!
- Bershka- White blouse
- Primark- Black ruffled pants and sunglasses
- Newlook- Grey heels
- Parfois- Yellow floral strap handbag
- River Island- Floral blazer
There you have it folks. I hope this will get you to at least try to add in some flower power to your wardrobe this summer. Enjoy the good weather we are having lately and make the most of it!
*runs to have a huge bag of cans with the lads*
Mini Mint x
Hiya! So this is my first fashion post and I am so excited to share it with you! One trend that I have loved for years is the co-ord set so I have broken down four different looks that can be suited for all occasions.
The smart-casual look
This combo is perfect for strolling around the shops, attending a function or even a night out. The best thing about this look is you can dress it up with heels or pair it with sandals for a more casual vibe. You can’t go wrong with a simple blazer and high waisted shorts co-ord!
- Bershka- Blazer and Shorts
- Newlook- Wrap around sandals
- H&M- Orange ruffled crop top
- RayBans Sunglasses
The classic Denim co-ord
Two of my favourite styles rolled into one. Create a more edgy vibe with pairing a denim jacket with your denim shorts/jeans. I put a sheer crop top with this outfit and a bright red bralette. The best thing about this combo is you can literally make it work over and over again by changing up the tops and adding in a belt or a choker.
- Bershka- Oversized Denim Jacket
- H&M- White sheer crop top
- Folkster- Ankle boots
- Primark- Patchwork shorts and bralette
The Fancy Co-Ord
Ok so this one is definitely not suited for a casual day time look, however the pants can be worn with a simple white tee and some trainers for casual vibe. This look would be more suited for a night out or an occasion of some sort such as a christening or birthday party. The white piping on the black silk give a luxurious feel to the outfit and is on trend with the pyjama style sported by Kendall and GiGi.
- Primark- Black blazer and pants (an absolute golden find!)
- Topshop- White lace crop top
- Office- Heels
The Festival Co-Ord
I am obsessed with this outfit! The bardot top and wide leg pants are so on trend at the moment and can be swapped around to create so many various looks. my personal favourite though is wearing the two together. I paired this look with gold wedges and a simple black floppy hat. Perfect for anyone heading to a festival this summer.
- H&M- Top and Pants combo
- Aldo- Gold wedges
- Primark- Black floppy hat