I can’t sing. I’m shocking at sport. One thing I actually can do though, is pack for a holiday with expert precision. While most people dread packing, once you know how to do it correctly it’s a breeze. I’ve written about some tips that I live by so worrying about over or under packing will be a thing of the past
Note: this is for anyone travelling to a warm climate, if you’re going skiing I’d suggest to bring jumpers and wooly socks.
Rule 1 – Clothes
- You won’t wear jeans. So stop debating weather to bring black, denim or white because you won’t wear them. Wear one pair while travelling and they will do you.
- Shorts and skirts that are cotton and can be rolled up small are what you want. They’re lightweight and you won’t sweat your eyes out. They’re what your going to live in if you’re doing any tours, excursions or shopping.
- Two nice summer dresses for going out for dinner.
- Shoes: bring a pair of runners for walking, hikes, tours etc. A nice pair of sandals for going out, a plain brown/nude pair of sandals/flip flops that you can pair with any outfit for everyday. There is absolutely no need for heels cause the roads are uneven af and you’re on holiday mate no one knows you, may as well wear flats and have a savage night out.
- String tops are your life on holiday I usually bring a couple in different colours and they can be worn every day cause it’s going to be super hot and also for nights out with funky shorts/skirts.
- Bring a jacket just in case it’s breezy at night time. I have an oversized denim jacket that can go over any outfit dressy or casual.
- A playsuit or two for some nights out because they’re comfy and lightweight.
Rule 2 – Toiletries
- Why are you even debating which foundations to bring? They’re so cumbersome to carry and you’re not going to be wearing it during the day. My advice is to bring one light foundation (with an spf) and a powder so you don’t sweat it off. Realistically it’s going to be too warm to wear much makeup so stick to your basics i.e no need for the 30 different eye shadow pallets.
- Sun cream and AFTERSUN!! Just because you “don’t burn” doesn’t mean you shouldn’t bring them. We are one of the worst countries for skin cancer so use your brain and wear spf, even when you’re flying because believe it or not UV rays come in through your air plane windows so keep your blind down as well.
- Moisturiser and eye cream are essential because you’re going to be sweating and more than likely drinking alcohol so you really need to hydrate your skin properly.
- A roll on deodorant
- Mini toothpaste
Rule 3 – Travel accessories
- Download some good songs/books that you will be able to play when your phone is going to be on air plane mode.
- An empty water bottle. Empty so you can bring it through security and then just fill it up at a water fountain. This will save you spending a tenner on a bottle of Evian.
- A baggy cardigan/scarf. This will save you from the chill of the air plane air conditioning as well as doubling up as a pillow for a quick nap.
- Sunglasses and a good hat
- Mini speaker
- A backpack or bumbag for day trips
Rule 4 – Lists
I live for making lists on my phone, especially when planning a trip. One tip I would recommend is make a checklist for all the essentials you need before you leave the house:
-phone and charger
-tickets & booking confirmation for hotel
-credit card and money
I hope this helped at least one of you. The most important thing to remember when packing is less is more. Most likely you will be doing shopping over there, so there is no need to have a whole new outfit for every day of the week. Trust me.
Mini Mint x